The Seventh Rosalyn Tureck International Bach Competition is to be held:
in 2022 in New York City.
1. The Competition welcomes pianists aged 8-28 from the world over who pursue the musical ideals espoused by the late Rosalyn Tureck.
2. The Competition repertoire consists of categories 1 to 8. Please use only Urtext editions. In addition to the Repertoire below, each contestant is to perform a Contemporary Composition: a work of up to 10 min. length, composed in or after 1950. Contestants entering in more than one category ( up to three) may present the same contemporary work, which will be performed once in the competition. Applicants in Category 8 are exempt from the Contemporary Composition requirement.
The repertoire for each category is listed separately.
See REPERTOIRE details here
Please note: Categories VII and VIII are open to Contestants aged 15-28.
Category I: Short Preludes, Preludes and Fugues, Fantasies. Contestants aged 8-12.
Category II: Inventions, Sinfonias, (select one Invention and one Sinfonia). Contestants up to age 15.
Category III: Well Tempered Clavier. See REPERTOIRE. Open to contestants up to age 20.
Category IV: divided by repertoire/ age limit (see REPERTOIRE):
A. Contestants up to age 20
B. Contestants up to age 28
Category V: Contestants up to age 20
Category VI: Contestants up to age 28
Category VII: Recital up to 50 minutes long (Ages 15-28)
Category VIII: Goldberg Variations (Ages 15-28)
3. During their competition performances contestants may be stopped by the jury.
4. All the repeats in Variations, French Overture, Partitas, and Suites are obligatory.
5. The entire program -- including the contemporary work -- is to be performed from memory.
6. Contestants should be available and willing to perform earlier or later than their assigned time.
7. Contestants should be prepared to to perform the same program during the qualifying semi-final as well as final rounds.
8. The names of the finalists will be announced at the conclusion of each qualifying round.
9. The decisions by the jury are final. Ties among contestants are allowed.
10. The names of Competition Winners will be announced after the final round. The prizes -- the Competition Medal, cash awards, and diplomas -- will be awarded at the final Gala concert.
11. All the winners are required to participate at the Awards Ceremony. Each winner will receive two complimentary tickets to the final Gala winners concert.
12. Contestants, parents, and teachers are prohibited from a personal contact with judges prior to and during the competition.
13. Participants consent to any audio or video recordings. Recordings made during the competition remain the property of the Tureck International Bach Competition.
Evgeny Kissin Grand Prize/ Steinway Recital Award.
The Kern Foundation "Aspiration" Award.
Award for the best performance of a contemporary work.
St. Augustine's Foundation Award for the outstanding Juilliard School competitor.
Rosalyn Tureck Bach Competition Prizes:
Category 1 $300
Category 2 $350
Category 3 $600
Category 4/A $700
Category 5 $1,000
Category 6 $1,000
Category 7 $1,500
Category 8 $2,500
Foreign Applicants: Please consult your nearest US Consulate for a visa advice. The Tureck International Bach Competition will send you an official letter of invitation.
Application Deadline - for 2022 (To Be Announced)
Applicants must pay a non-refundable competition entrance fee of US $180. Each additional category – US $60.
The payment may be executed via Paypal by using your Visa or Mastercard
Applicants encountering difficulties using PayPal -- kindly send us a message to email@example.com